Earlier this morning, we received an email from the KHSAA instituting a dead period for all athletics through April 12, 2020. The main part of this email has been included below. We wanted to communicate with our families that we are aware this is a very fluid situation and things change very quickly. We will do our best to keep open lines of communication throughout this period. If you have any questions, please contact your coach or the athletic department.
From the KHSAA:
Effective immediately, all sports and sport-activities, regardless of season, are declared to be in a dead period, congruent with the provisions of Bylaw 24. This prohibition extends through Sunday, April 12. Prior to April 11, and in consultation with the Governor, Public Health Officials and the Kentucky Department of Education, an evaluation will be made for the period going forward.
- Students shall not participate in any organized team activity, or organized or semi-organized team competition in any sport or sport-activity in any format at any location in any state where school personnel (paid or unpaid) are involved, in attendance, or receiving reports of performance.
- Students may not participate in activities such as weight training, skill development, individual camps (with per team limits on participation), team camps, or open gym or field activities even if no inter-school competition is involved.
- Students may not receive coaching or training from school personnel (either salaried or non-salaried) in any KHSAA sanctioned sport or sport-activity;
- School facilities, uniforms, nicknames, transportation or equipment, may not be used in any KHSAA-sanctioned sport or sport-activity;
- This restricted period does not preclude communication between school, athletic department and coaching representatives to team members and/or families of players on the current roster;
- Postseason wrap-up activities, celebrations and recognition events relating to a sport or sport-activity team at a school may not be held.