The high school basketball season begins next week, with our girls and boys teams opening at home at the beginning of the week. Unfortunately, the COVID-19 basketball season will look a lot different than it has in the past. This includes VERY limited attendance based on KHSAA requirements and regulations. Below are the guidelines for the 2021 basketball season. If you have any questions, please contact me at email@example.com.
Henry County High School/KHSAA COVID-19 Basketball Protocols
- A mask/face-covering is required to cover your mouth and nose at all times. Failure to comply with this can result in removal from the event.
- Attendance will be limited. At this time, per KHSAA protocols, each rostered player will receive a limited amount of tickets for family members. Ticket availability is subject to change based on KHSAA and public health recommendations in our county. Attendance will be adjusted as needed and allowed to ensure our student-athletes get to play.
- You must be on the player list to get a ticket. No general admission, season passes, or other tickets will be sold at this time.
- All tickets will be $5. Please bring exact change to limit the exchange of money.
- Temperature checks and symptom screenings will be done at the gate before entering the venue.
- Only four people at the scorer’s table will be allowed (Offical book, visiting book, clock keeper, announcer).
- The visiting team’s fans will sit in the south side bleachers (behind the benches), and the home team will sit on the north side (opposite the benches). The first two-three rows will be marked off for seating.
- Social distancing will be required. You should only sit with people in your household and be at least six feet from all others.
- There is PLENTY of space to spread out in our gym. You may have to use the upper level and endzone to spread out. You may not be able to sit where you always have.
- The opposing team and officials will be provided additional instructions before and upon arrival at the game.
- We will have a limited menu concession stand.
- Any media-members or outlets desiring to attend the game should contact the Athletic Director.